Monday, September 21, 2015

Sundays

I've never really liked Sundays, the start of a new week and the end of the relaxing weekend along with more homework more errands mo problems less money. Whether it was a Sunday in high school and a full day of classes to come loomed over my head or in college and a late night of studying was probably needed from the neglectful weekend filled with road trips, regattas, or a legendary Cougar Hunter banger.  Either way many Sundays all felt pretty similar and predictable of what they would hold. 

This last Sunday was different though, despite waking up and heading to the 11 o'clock mass at St. Bernard's with the rest of the Radenbaugh and visiting Flores clan, the predictability was gone after that. Which was a weird feeling, like the stuff you get before a drop of a roller coaster or the moment before meeting a blind date. My mind was restless as the thought of what's next began to sink in and really I have no clue to what I am truly about to experience this next week. Yeah, I know my itinerary and plans of where I'll be but everything in between is a great big blank and there's nothing I can expect for sure. I'm excited to meet my fellow volunteers, worried I'll do well at this, nervous to take the first step off the ledge of certainty and free fall into a world completely different from anything I've every been apart of.  

But I know these feelings are good, they are what I've chased for most of my life and reveled in these moments when I have experienced similar emotions before.  So I embrace these feelings and pack my bags like I have times before as this Monday is the start of what I believe will be some unreal journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment